Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A New Venture

I have spent many years now working for various organizations as an employee. There is nothing wrong with that – a well-managed group can accomplish a great deal and working as part of a large team can be very rewarding. But I, like many in America and elsewhere, have always had the dream of starting something on my own, my own company.

I have recently decided that now is the time for me to take on such a new challenge. I want to be able to use the things I have learned about systems, organizations, projects and people and put these together in a package that I can offer to others to help them achieve success.

To that end, I have formed Pinnacle Project Group (www.PinnacleProjectGroup.com). Our mission and goal will be to help create a better world through the application of superior IT project management. We will achieve this by ensuring that our client’s projects deliver real business value to their organizations.

I know that “a better world” is a lofty goal for a consultancy that currently consists of one person. But I believe strongly that we all should be striving to create a better world in whatever big or small way we can. If we are not doing so, we must perforce be allowing the world to get worse, if only by neglect. We can all make an impact – even if it is only in one small corner of the world.

I would invite you to think about your projects and the impact they have on the world around you. Will the project lead to something that improves conditions in the world? More than it harms? If not, consider whether this is a project that you want to be associated with.

In tough economic times it can be difficult to think beyond the welfare of yourself and your immediate family. But if you look over recent history, you can probably see that considering only self-interest is what got us into this mess.

I think you will not find it hard to consider the greater good in your actions. For some excellent guidance, have a look at the booklet The Way to Happiness”, which can be found at this link:
www.thewaytohappiness.org/about/resources-and-downloads/e-books.

No comments: